Zetec

To: LSR List <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Zetec
From: Malcolm Pittwood <MPittwood@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 16:51:54 -0400
Bill and list

The Ford Zetec engine question I assume requires the engine to be rotated
ninety degrees - to be on the centre line of the car - and to have a
gearbox that can feed power down a prop shaft to the rear axle.

In the UK I would go to Quaife Engineering Limited for the bellhousing and
gearbox
e mail is info@quaife.co.uk

If the engine mounts to a trans axle then call on Hewland Engineering
e mail is william.h@hewland.com

neither are budget solutions, but would be reliable.

What power is being handled?  A UK kit car maker might suggest one of the
cheaper four or five speed transmissions from UK Fords that had their
engines in line - the Sierra, Granada or Cortina models for example.  A ZF
gearbox might be an alternative for a powerful engine tune.

there may be clues on conversion kits on www.raceline.co.uk who work with
Zetec motors.

good luck

Malcolm Pittwood, Derby, England