Re: copper tubing

To: LGMCAFEE@aol.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: copper tubing
From: Glenn Ridlen <gridlen@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 08:02:11 -0700 (PDT)
Got to agree with Larry.... That's the way the instrument tubing guys did it in
the old days before we went to stainless. Now everything is electronic so it's
probably a lost art.

                        Glenn

LGMCAFEE@aol.com wrote:
If you have some soft copper and want to make a nice looking job, roll out
ever how much you are going to need. Then anchor one end to something solid and
hook the other end to a come-a-long, wench or something similar and pull on
it, this will straighten the tubing and you will still be able to make nice
bends. Just don't go overboard on the pulling or the tubing will get a little
smaller in diameter. This will make the tubing harder but I don't think you
will
ever have a problem as we done this for many years.
Retired Pipefitter
Larry Mac