National Motorcycle Museum Fire in UK

To: "Land Speed List" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: National Motorcycle Museum Fire in UK
From: "Landspeed Louise Ann Noeth" <landspeedlouise@adelphia.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 10:30:12 -0700
On a sad note, the news this morning from pal Robin Richardson in the UK
(Robin was the brains behind the Mach 1 Club for ThrustSSC and a founder of
the Speed Record Club)reported the destruction by fire of about 80% of the
National Motorcycle Museum located in the south end of Birmingham, England.
My husband, Mick, and I visited on our last trip over to the UK. It is/was a
fabulous treasure chest of bikes. They're saying about 600-700 bikes have
been destroyed.

It started in the hall with the record breakers and TT winners so it looks
like the Bonneville bike of Johnny Allen -- the Triumph, Alex's McFadzean's
streamliner, Claude Temple's Anzani, George Brown's two Vincents and many
others have been reduced to scrap. Richard Brown had his first rocket bike
there and was displaying his rocket streamliner for a while. It may have
been removed in the past few weeks.

Details as they come to me.

Speedy Regards,

"LandSpeed" Louise Ann Noeth
LandSpeed Productions
"Telling stories with words and pictures"

www.landspeedproductions.biz

This e-mail including any files attached is intended for the addressee only.
It may contain confidential, proprietary or trade secret confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, copy
or distribute this message. If you have received this communication in
error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and delete the original
message. Thank you for your cooperation.