RE: Rear Steering - Another Look...

To: "'DrMayf'" <drmayf@teknett.com>,
Subject: RE: Rear Steering - Another Look...
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 11:06:30 -0500
Mayf;

I wrote up something about this earlier but it may not have made it through
the server. Basically, my thesis is that in a rear-steer car with the driver
positioned well aft, the steering "G" forces are backwards. That is, when a
driver turns the steering wheel and makes a turn to the right, the driver
feels a G force that feels like he is being thrown to the right; in a
front-steer car , he feels like he is thrown to the left. This is what I
called a "counter-intuitive" feel and it would take a lot of training to do
the correct thing in an emergency.

Regards, Neil     Tucson, AZ