odd motors

To: Want1937hd@aol.com, rtmack@concentric.net, ggl205@yahoo.com,
Subject: odd motors
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 18:27:25 -0700 (PDT)
Want1937hd@aol.com wrote:... ... ... Elto outboards and Harley Twins, are you
having a flashback to midget racing in the late 1930's? Bob in connecticut

Hee hee.  As a matter of fact, the very first taste of "speed" I had was racing
an Elto twin on a Class B hydroplane back around 1953.  Then I got a hold of
some old Hot Rod magazines.  That progressed to putting dual strombergs on my
dads F1 while he was away on a business trip (Ooooh, was he PO'ed when he got
back!), then swapping my guitar for a 49 Chevy six with dual Rochesters and
split manifold!  And that's how it all started!
Dick J