Re: Crows, and maybe a beating with a rubber chicken...

To: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Crows, and maybe a beating with a rubber chicken...
From: "John Beckett" <saltracer@servusa.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 17:02:25 -0400
Mayf

Have had a difficult time putting into words the feeling of driving that
car, but "power steering gone haywire" is probably the most accurate
description I could have come up with.

JB

" My first inclination was to say the forces and moments are the same, but
they ain't! The steering forces seem to be counter intuitive for rear steer
than front. By that I mean when you are in front steer and turn the steering
wheel the forces always keep needing the operator input to continue making
the turn. But at the back end the forces are such that it is more like power
steering gone haywire. It seems to assist the driver in making the turn and
maybe that's the problem. The driver corrects but then needs to add more
input then correct...and so on... sort of like sawing the steering wheel
back and forth until the forces are so large that the operator has no
control."