Re: methanol and nitrous oxide

To: gary baker <lsr350@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: methanol and nitrous oxide
From: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2003 07:36:39 -0400
Been there done that, it does seem to work well as both primary and secondary
fuel and it seems like the combustion is just too cool. You will probably be
better off using alky as the main fuel and a good grade of racing fuel with the
nitrous, I realize there is no logical answer why the alky won't work for both
as it is a very good fuel in general. Maybe did not give it enough time to be
played with or it just does not work. All I can say is it was a failure for me.
Possibly it was the volume of fuel needed or the fact that the nitrous cooled
down the charge air temp, along with the cooling effect of the alky, to the
point that the engine did not want to run.

Dave