Re: new classes

To: dwarner@electrorent.com
Subject: Re: new classes
From: "Jim Belford" <jimbelford@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 12:21:45 -0600
--- Changes are mentioned verbally or through email. This
--- year I received only three proposed changes that are correctly
presented.

--- Bottom line? Do your homework, present the factors that will make us
believe
--- that you deal will benefit mankind far into the future.

Dan,

I'm curious about the status of the rule chage for MPS-G. I have presented a
good case both verbally and on the list as to why I think the current rule
no longer makes sense. I do not believe the "intent" of the rule was to
prevent bikes from competing in MPS because the OEM fender extends beyond
the rear tire by 1/2". The interpretation of the rule is probably incorrect
since it refers to streamlining and the fender certainly does not make the
vehicle more aerodynamic.
I have not submitted anything in writing to the committee yet since the rule
change was supposedly being considered and Henry told me I'd be wasting my
time. I could submit my reasoning if it would help build a case but it is
now past 10/01/XX. What is the format for proposing a formal change? Who
gets to vote?
MPS-G has been talked about for the two years that I've been involved with
the sport and hopefully it will be voted on and resolved once and for all.
Either way, I will be back next year (in compliance) to claim what is
rightfully mine. ;=)

Jim