RE: ThrustSSC

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: ThrustSSC
From: "Landspeed Louise Ann Noeth" <landspeedlouise@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 11:00:00 -0700
Bryan's hit on another aspect of the many faceted diamond that tells the
supersonic story, I had forgotten about the strain gauge readings, and think
the drop was even less than 6 ton which made all the laughing about the
heavy car stop once folks realized it should/could have weighed MORE!

Richard was a right pill during the process, we had several almighty battles
on the dirt, but once the strain gauge came of his life, I can report that
RN, OBE is quite a charming, friendly and generous human being -- as well as
one hell of a "human resources" director.

When last in the UK, he and wife Sally arranged a luncheon at his manor
house near Farnborough for my hubby and I inviting all the SSC folks I
hadn't seen since the record setting days. More astonishing, he drove into
London picked us up and then drove us back later that night. The ride in the
driving rain and London city traffic made Mr. Toad's adventure laughable in
comparison and reminded me of how one absorbs a white-knuckle death grip
trip with composure. Never mind the defrosters didn't work very well, and
the wipers needed replacing, I kept reminding myself that if he missed and
apex, the headlines would reflect we passed on with the help of a world LSR
champ at the wheel.

Speedy Regards,

"LandSpeed" Louise Ann Noeth
LandSpeed Productions
"Telling stories with words and pictures"

www.landspeedproductions.biz