RE: CI

To: "'land speed'" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: CI
From: Jim Webb <jimwebb@nutsracing.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 19:03:26 -0500
Dan, Dave, Neil,

Indeed, as I understand them diesel things, the glow plugs are not 'fired',
but rather they heat up for a while on a constant voltage. Once the motor is
warm enough to fire the fuel charge, they shut off.

I remember one older Mercedes that had a glow plug in the dash so that you
knew when they were on. I guess it could double as a cigarette lighter when
activated!

As for the statement about having to run event diesel, the rules for the
liners says "...any choice of fuel are allowed in Diesel Streamliner class."
(page 42)

Jim (the hair splitter) Webb
jimwebb@nutsracing.com