What are popular G and H engines?

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: What are popular G and H engines?
From: "Matt Ferrari" <market@gammasports.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 09:34:47 -0400
I'm a new guy here and I'm trying to figure out what I want to build for an
assault on the salt in 2005.  I've spent a good amount of time with the
rulebook, trying to figure out what combination of engine and body would be
best.  I have a very basic question, and I'd appreciate it if you could give
me a little advice.

What are popular G and H class engines?  What 1 to 2 liter engines are good
foundations for high horsepower?  Also, what transmissions are they mated
to?  I'm probably not looking at Unlimited classes, so I'm looking for front
engine, rear drive power plants.

Thanks in advance!

--Matt