Fwd: Shop no no's

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: Shop no no's
From: docb8532@aol.com
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 14:07:02 EDT
From: docb8532@aol.com
Full-name: docb8532
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 13:42:13 EDT
Subject: Re: Shop no no's
To: albaugh_neil@ti.com

 I've been following the shop lighting email with some interest. I've not had
a problem with the 60 cycle hum, but I got tired of changing the tubes when
they burn out. On a ladder, it's an awkward process at best. My lights are ten
feet off the floor, hung with chains.
I browsed the Grainger catalog and came up with a "HID Low Bay Fixture"
Grainger
# 3JL47-8.It's a 250 wat set up that mounts easily and uses a halogen
bulb.Two of them in a 24' by 40'  shop hung 10' off the floor will light the
whole
place.. I still use tube lights for above the work benches for extra light when
working on close stuff, but I've eliminated 10 hanging double tube fixtures.
That was two years ago and I haven't had to replace the halogen bulb yet.
The light fixture and bulb cost about $171.23 at the time I bought it and it
replaced about $150 worth of hanging tube lights.
This approach is probably not for everyone but it saves me changing tubes
every time I turn around and the light is quite a bit brighter than tubes.
They also had a pretty good deal on good size shop fire
extinguishers............ K Turk.....
good luck
doc