Cubs (non-LSR)

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Cubs (non-LSR)
From: Ed Van Scoy <ed@vetteracing.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 18:58:02 -0700
I thought I would share 10 reasons why you should root for
them to go to the World Series. To give you a feel for how
futile the Cubs have been, here are 10 events that have
occurred since the Chicago Cubs last won a World Series.

1. Radio was invented...Cubs fans got to hear their team lose.
2. TV was invented...Cubs fans got to see their team lose.
3. George Burns celebrated his 10th, 20th, 30th, 40th, 50th,
60th, 70th, 80th, 90th and 100th birthdays.
4. Haley's comet passed Earth... TWICE.
5. Man landed on the moon...as have several home runs given up
by Cubs pitchers.
6. Sixteen US presidents were elected.
7. Thirteen baseball players have won the Triple Crown;
several thanked Cubs pitchers.
8. Bell-bottoms came in style and went out...and came back in.
9. Alaska, Arizona, Hawaii, Oklahoma and New Mexico were added
to the Union.
10. Flag poles were erected on Wrigley Field's roof to hold
all of the team's future World Series pennants. Those flag
poles have since rusted and been taken down.