RE: Thrust Vehicles

To: "Mike Meierle" <mike.meierle@alcatel.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Thrust Vehicles
From: "Russel Mack" <rtmack@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 19:33:34 -0500
Good find, Mike!
and very timely.  Lots of good info on wheel-drivens, as well as jets.

That 1960 Car Craft article ("Big Boys at Bonneville") pits the big
wheel-drivens directly against the jets, and points-out the great
disadvantage that the wheel-drivens had-- and still have.

Very good stuff.  It was writing like that that originally got me interested
in lsr, so many years ago.  I'll go back to visit that site again, I'm sure!
Russ, #1226B
p.s.-- nice to see pics of D. Campbell's "Bluebird II" again-- to me, one of
the most beautiful cars ever to grace the Salt.