Re: Corvette/ rear suspention

To: jolylance@earthlink.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Corvette/ rear suspention
From: docb8532@aol.com
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 08:49:38 EDT
we went 143 and change. it's a 1994 c-4 with a night stalker front bumper
from vanacores and greenwood side ground effects. i don't think the body work
makes it any faster but i like the way it looks. not much modification to the
motor at all. it's never had the heads off and has 122,000 miles. i've
installed
1.6:1 roller rockers, adjustable fuel press regulator, throttle body air foil
and coolant by-pas, with a high flow air filter and borla mufflers. it's just
basic bolt on stuff. the machine dynos 270hp at the wheels which makes engine
hp about 330.safety mods include a four point roll bar, remote pull three
point halon fire bottle, drive shaft loop,  five point driver restraints and we
bought a stroud trans blanket.
 it will run about 160mph but won't do it in a mile. it would go faster if i
changed out the 3.07:1 rear gear for a 3.73:1 but i've done as much as i'm
willing to do to a daily driver that goes 90 miles a day to and from work.
we're
currently 7th in the points standing and have the only street car in the top
ten. it's my first year speed racing, and the next step will be a real race
car. keith turk has offered me an opportunity to drive his camaro in 2004.
the next meet is oct 24th and 25th. come out and run your corvette. any
street corvette will
pas safety tech up to 125mph. to go faster you need to install safety
equipment. they have rule books at the event and the guys in tech will be more
than
helpfull explaining rules.
give it a try, you'll love it. be sure to look me up i'll introduce you to
some of the guys. the car is a black c-4 #9206
see ya
doc