Problem solving...

To: "Dave Dahlgren" <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Subject: Problem solving...
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 05:31:42 -0500
Interesting thoughts Dave...

So the deal is a deviation from expected or designed performance...  I will
buy that as a definition of a problem...

I'm looking forward to hearing how others here think about this as well...

 There are constant problems in my business that I try and solve in a
logical manner...  First by defining the problem... then by qualifying the
current conditions and listing the possible changes that would aid in
correcting the problem.... lastly and most important.... choosing a course
of action and Acting on it...then quantifying the result of the change and
evaluating if there is something else we can try and quantifing that as
well.... it's not a fast process but it's fairly complete...

The one thing about this that my guys like is that I refuse to place
blame... I try and make sure that pride of authorship and ego's don't get in
the way.... if there is a better way... we simply don't marry ourselves to
what we do today....

All of this is race related... because the next ten miles an hour can always
be your definition of a problem if you choose it to be...

Keith
-----