Re: Suspension Design and Test

To: DrMayf <drmayf@teknett.com>
Subject: Re: Suspension Design and Test
From: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 04:58:37 -0400
The software i wrote makes the assumption that the car is hooked up to a certain
point. There is an accel limit. I use 0.61 g for Bonneville. I have no idea of
the relative traction at EM. Anyone that has raced at both have any comments as
to if it is better or worse. It may be simplistic in some ways but the purpose
of that exercise in software was to optimize gearing with known power and aero
factors so as to optimize torque at the wheel. As an interesting side note to
this we made a couple of passes with the wrong rear gear that came out to the
correct final drive in 3'd instead of 4'th and we lost 10 mph in round numbers..
I think the holy grail of the suspension work would be to exceed the 0.61 g
accel limit at bonneville. If someone thinks this is not a real number show me
the accel data from a run there that exceeds it..
Dave