Re: Anti-roll bars.

To: <joetimney@dol.net>
Subject: Re: Anti-roll bars.
From: "John Beckett" <saltracer@servusa.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 18:14:22 -0400
Well Joe Timney gave me some practical info/recommendations on addressing my
chassis roll situation. He suggested I lower the upper bars on the four
link! really didn't make a whole lot of sense to me at first, but Hey it
would be a good exercise so why not. Well I dropped the bar one hole and
"viola", it had less roll. So I went to the front and dropped those upper
bars one hole too. Not much difference. Went back to the rear and dropped
another hole and it was marginally better.

Basically the rear isn't as free as it was before. Wouldn't have thought
that lowering a bar would tighten it up like that.

Next I then tried John Goodman's recommendation to make the spring rates
approximate the corner weights. So, considering the springs I had available,
I put the heavy ones in the front...little over corner weigh...and the
lighter...little under corner weight...in the rear. And that helped too.

Haven't added a sway bar yet, may not need to now, but if I don't put it in
while I have the car all apart it will be a pain to add later.

JB, #79, D/GCC