Re: Monza questions

To: Ray Buck <rbuck@aros.net>, <saltracer552@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Monza questions
From: W S Potter <wester6935@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 20:08:31 -0600
The car you were looking at was Ron Cohn's Monza ... it used to be red last
year.  Mike Chapman (Carbon-X, Chapman Racing Heads) built the engine for
them to run last year.  Put a TON of money into it but they have been
running well with it.  The paint job really dresses the car up a lot over
what it was last year.

There's a couple of reasons for the exhaust, the biggest one is that there's
an optimal length on the headers that works out to that location and having
them dump ahead of the front tires helps on boundary air as well.  Gary's
Monza spent much of the week on the trailer while they worked on the "Rose"
but he wanted to get his son licensed and that's what their plan was at the
beginning of the meet.  The car is supercharged, not turbocharged.

Wes