Re: RE: More newbie questions--headders

To: "Russel Mack" <rtmack@concentric.net>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: RE: More newbie questions--headders
From: Sparky <wmtsmith@landracing.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 19:14:47 -0500
I think that you will find that most people put the Monza exhaust that way
becase its easier to do- when you stick the nose in the dirt  you don't have
clearance for the headers under the car pointed to the back--  out the side is
not the best way for speed some people feel--wmts

> From: "Russel Mack" <rtmack@concentric.net>
> Date: 2003/10/20 Mon PM 06:24:27 CDT
> To: land-speed@autox.team.net
> Subject: RE: More newbie questions
>
> Ray:
> surely what Glen told you was right (about the 126 car)-- he knows an awful
> lot about a big percentage of the competitors.
>
> Skip:
> yeah, Gary's car seems red to me, too-- but my "red" might be some people's
> "purple"!  And 326 is a lot like 126-- easy number change for class change,
> I thought maybe.
>
> When I was working for you in 2001, I mentioned the idea of using pnuematic
> "sweepers" to get to solid salt.  You mentioned someone who had his pipes
> that way-- and I have beeen thinking it was Gary (I hadn't yet met him at
> that time).  We were also talking about turbos at the time-- but maybe the
> turbo part had nothing to do with Gary-- just my old brain massaged it all
> into one memory allocation!
>
> Thanks for the corrections.
>
> Kinda wierd that two similar cars have this very unusual exhaust layout--
> but I guess in both cases it probably has something to do with the Monza
> structural problem.
>
> Neat to know that Mike made a fast run in it.  I've only known him to work
> "crew" previously.  Neat to know it ran straight-- and Rose, also.  Got the
> sense that the Salt wasn't really great for WF.
> Russ, #1226B

  "Sparky"
Lakester 2211