Re: Lint free towels

To: Bryan Savage <basavage@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: Lint free towels
From: W S Potter <wester6935@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 19:04:09 -0600
Bryan,

Those are great for cleaning glass of any kind.  I've used small ones I
bought at Brookstone for my glasses for years.  The Canon factory repairman
who was in town for a special clinic uses one to clean lenses.  You'll
notice the package says it will clean glass, streak free, without any
cleaners/solvents.

Microfiber is wonderful for outerwear.  Breathes, is highly water repellant
and virtually wind proof.  It works because of the extremely fine fiber that
is put with very many others to twist into a thread.  It spreads to fill
open spaces when a thread is woven into a fabric.  A pound of Microfiber can
give a single filament strand that will stretch half way around the world.

If you can find a non-automatic washer, use hot water, detergent  and a cup
of diesel fuel and those yellow towels come out clean again.  Works very
well too for the white terry cloth shop towels you buy at COSTCO.  That
combination will destroy the seals on a regular automatic washer so don't
use the one at home.

We use dish cloths and dust cloths of Microfiber too.  My wife's only
complaint is that she can't shake out the dirt, you have to wash it out.

Wes.