World Finals web pages

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: World Finals web pages
From: Ray Buck <rbuck@aros.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 22:41:19 -0600
Here's a rookie's attempt to capture the essence of the World Finals thru
the eyes of an old car nut who is new to land speed racing....but has a
little experience in hotrodding, sports car, drag and oval track
racing....and programming.  (Yeah...since 1966.)

I've almost got the whole catastrophe done.  The first three days have an
html page with captions and navigation for each inage, all accessible from
a thumbnail page.  The last day has the html and navigation and thumbs, but
no captions yet.  I'll do that tomorrow.

It was tough to write up the pics from Friday's crash.  I found myself
going thru the same kind of anxiety that I went thru at the time, before we
found out that Seth Hammond was gonna be ok.  As I understand it, he was
released from the hospital Monday, muttering about rebuilding the car or
building a new one.

There's some pretty cool machinery there.  I'm fascinated by the 1/2 Rodeck
hemi coupe.  That sucker is something else.  There's another one on the
last page that doesn't have the captions yet, but the motor is from a 70s
Renault Gordini Mirage that ran at LeMans.  It's a 4-cam turbo V6 in a
roadster body.  Very, very different.

If ya wanna check it out, fine.  If ya find any booboos, lemme know and
I'll fix 'em.  I'll respectfully ask for polite corrections and/or
additions, since I'm new at this.  But I'll happily fix my errors and make
things right.

http://www.chevyasylum.com/bsf2003/wf/Welcome.html

Thanks and enjoy,

Ray