Re: World Finals web pages

To: Bryan Savage <basavage@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: World Finals web pages
From: Ray Buck <rbuck@aros.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 09:28:49 -0600
At 08:09 AM 10/23/2003 -0700, Bryan Savage wrote:

>Nice job Ray.
>
>I used netscape and Mozilla Firebird. Both worked fine. Your image resolution
>appears to be right on the money, good quality without excessive size.
>Great download speeds. I use  www.sun.com  as my gold standard for
>performance.
>Questions:
>Who hosts your site?

I do.  I run my own linux box as a server and use dyndns.com for DNS hosting.

>What authoring tools did you use?

I use ACDSee and Photoshop for image editing, Thumbs Plus for thumbnail
creation and ColdFusion for web page management, although I write the html
manually.

>Are you sure you don't have a secret background in this stuff?

Well, when I mentioned working with computers since 1966, I wasn't
kidding.  I started out on vacuum tube analog systems and then worked as a
hardware tech for 15 years.  Then I got into the programming racket and
I've been writing code ever since, including RPG, COBOL, Pascal,
etc.  Right now I do Client/Server and web development for a large health
care company.

I've been running a web site for about 7 years on a commercial isp, but
last year decided to build and run my own server.  There are some
shortcomings, but all in all it's been worth it.

I'm glad you enjoyed the pages.  I'll do my best to get the final day's
captions on today.

Ray