Re: Bonneville 200mph club minimums...

To: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bonneville 200mph club minimums...
From: Nt788@aol.com
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 19:17:38 EDT
In a message dated 10/23/2003 11:38:29 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
ARDUNDOUG@aol.com writes:

<< You lost on the reasoning behind that one, but, what the heck do I know.
 I started and stopped drag racing in the 50's when the starter was a guy
with
 a flag in his hand and MPH clocks were gas station ringers. At that time ET
 results were rare. >>
Hi Doug The reasoning on that was, when a group told me I could only go so
fast to win, it then became corporate controlled and creativity was stifled!  A
200club hopeful can get a real record with innovation, why should the record
be set so high that only a guy who can afford 7engines be given the only
chance? Another words if its to hot, spend more money.A Bill France quote:
"Keep
someday! Jack