Re: Maxton

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Maxton
From: "lsr1301" <lsr1301@DahMurf.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 13:06:31 -0400
I've been trying to keep up with this thread and make comparisons as best
they can be made. So far I have:

Fastest one way pass (not necessarily a record)
Bonneville: 256mph (not sure of exit spd)
Maxton:     250mph (exit speed was 253mph)

Fastest AVERAGE record:
Bonneville: 245mph
Maxton:     248mph (averaging 250 run with run before or after)
ElMirage:   218mph

Bonneville has less traction but 5 miles to get there & plenty of room to
shut down.
Maxton has optimum traction but only 1 mile to get there & less then a mile
(including sandtraps) to shut down. (brakes are NOT optional!)
Both venues require varying degrees of skill to handle the bike in the given
conditions.
Considering all factors involved I don't see why we can't give a  "resonable"
comparison.

Ok, back to my well below 100mph bikes.
Deb #1301
Twin Jugs Racing