Re: 50cc Bikes - FIM

To: <Nt788@aol.com>, "list answer" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 50cc Bikes - FIM
From: pork.pie@t-online.de (Pork Pie)
Date: 31 Oct 2003 21:37 GMT
Jack, Malcolm, List -

This 139 mph record is the 222 and 224 kmh record I wrote in my first mail -
sorry was to lazy to write them also in mph.

To my understanding is Hurberts a Dutch. He broke the Kreidler Cigar record
with also a streamliner - but like the Kreidler - it was a "sitting" bike. The
Kreidler was not a Streamliner like the Vesco or Campos streamliner - the rider
was very low (folded) sitting on the frame.

What FIM done, they simple cleaned up there list - the old records are not
frozen, they still can be broken - but for what the heck keep them on release
print if the last 25 years nobody shows interest or in Kitty O'Neil SMI
Motivator record - this record will stay for ever so as Gary Gabelich Blue
Flame record - Rocket systems are not anymore allowed to use, so why keep this
class on a updated list.

This list shows the activity of the last years - if you look at the FIA list,
the update is a nightmare - they show the former and the current recordholder,
but sometimes it shows the wrong one. Better than FIM, with a clean picture
which shows the wheel driven records on 24 pages - and that's it.

see ya

Pork Pie