Re: air intake size-

To: "Ron Gibson" <rgg14@cox.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: air intake size-
From: Sparky <wmtsmith@landracing.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 6:27:52 -0600
Ron,  They are using and aircraft ducting technique called a diffuser--there
are formulas that you can use for figuring the the inlet size for how fast you
are traveling--the main thing they are after is to try to settle the air
down--they are running mechanical injection and are surely trying to address
some of the things Dave mentions in his post.  The motorcycle cooling thread
recently about the
P-51  was a ducting issue.  wmts

> From: "Ron Gibson" <rgg14@cox.net>
> Date: 2003/11/02 Sun PM 08:42:11 CST
> To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
> Subject: air intake size
>
> list
>
>   Does anyone (Dave) know the reason or theory for the small air intake size
> on Nish's liner?
> At least it seems that way to me. The intake appeared to be only about 2
> inches in dia. at Speed Week, and seemed to be changable. I meant to take a
> picture of it but forgot ( old timers disease). Picture on Steve Pitt's site
> no. 17 shows it is small. Possible venturi cooling effect offering more power
> than than slight restriction would lose? Anyone point me towards research
> sites?  Inquiring minds want to know.
>
> Ron Gibson, Omaha NE

  "Sparky"
Lakester 2211