Latest from Mt Baldy

To: "Richard Fox" <v4gr@rcn.com>
Subject: Latest from Mt Baldy
From: kidavis@beckman.com
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 13:06:04 -0800
Hi,

We returned home Thurs, 10/30. The fire did not reach
our village or the ranch(s) directly below it. Power
was restored at about 3 AM Sat. So Cal Edison has
brought 4 REALLY BIG generators (look much like ~20 ft
cargo containers with 2 LARGE exhaust stacks coming out
the top) up the hill I guess until they finish putting
in the new power poles.

We had a nice gentle rain Friday which resulted in
snow further up the hill (maybe 6000'). This seems to
be helping calm down the few remaining hot spots.

I heard from Ken Kelley in Lytle Creek today. He and
his place are OK. He's back at home now, but running
off his own generator.

Lee Kennedy in Simi Valley, is also OK.

Thanks for all your good thoughts & positive energy!
It helped a lot just knowing people were thinking
about us!

Hope everyone else is as lucky as us!
Cheers,
Karen