rules petition

To: "land speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: rules petition
From: "Dan Warner" <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 06:45:22 -0800
Does a petition for rule change 'require' a certain number of
signed supporters on the form?
Does having a list of supporters carry inordinate weight?
What constitutes petition support?  An actual signature,
an email, a letter, a phone call?

A rules change petition does not require an x number of signatures like a
request for Governor change does. The list of supporters should have some
knowledge of the subject prior to signing on. I don't think additional signers
carries as much weight as a thought out and well worded presentation does.

We receive many requests for changes that are for the individual's advantage
instead of the sport as a whole. Things like "change the year break on pickup
trucks because I have one that does not meet the current class requirements."

The form is currently not available on the web site but Glen has asked for it
to be put into place for easier access.

Dan