RE: BSA entry

To: <john@engr.wisc.edu>, <todd@twinjugs.com>
Subject: RE: BSA entry
From: <Dale.Clay@mdhelicopters.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 10:25:10 -0700
Yeah, picture 106 looks like they are in line, while picture 113 makes it
look like the tail is longer, just a quirk in the camera angle, maybe.
Internal cooling ducts!  Very good, that is part of my concept too.

Very nice work for a "first try" at metal forming.  I look forward to seeing
the finished result.  Good luck with it!

Dale C.

                no, I'm right on the line required,  before the end of the
tire, (but not
                by much!) my work has been described as crude but effective,
and in a lot
                of ways I am proud of that! (although I am trying to better
my
                craftsmanship) the tail section was actually the first piece
of aluminum I
                ever used an English wheel on, story there too, I had
originally cut the
                metal and worked it trying to make it fit the FRONT of the
bike, after
                several days of trying to make it bend into the shape I
thought it should
                be , in frustration I just placed in on the rear tire so I
could sit down
                and think about what I was trying to do, lo and behold there
it was,  the
                piece I wanted for the front was actually the tail section,
took about 15
                more minutes of work to make it fit there just perfectly!

http://tinyurl.com/yl3c

                >John.. looks like excellent craftsmanship. Gorgeous
aluminum work, very
                >impressive! Rear tail section looks(i know pics lie
sometimes) like it may be
                >close to the vertical rear tire rule? Looking forward to
seeing the finished
                >project.
                >Todd-

entities other than the intended recipient or employees of
MD Helicopters, Inc. is prohibited.   If you received this in error, please
contact the sender by email and delete the material from any computer.