Re: BSA entry

To: "todd" <todd@twinjugs.com>
Subject: Re: BSA entry
From: john robinson <john@engr.wisc.edu>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 10:59:29 -0600
no, I'm right on the line required,  before the end of the tire, (but not
by much!) my work has been described as crude but effective, and in a lot
of ways I am proud of that! (although I am trying to better my
craftsmanship) the tail section was actually the first piece of aluminum I
ever used an English wheel on, story there too, I had originally cut the
metal and worked it trying to make it fit the FRONT of the bike, after
several days of trying to make it bend into the shape I thought it should
be , in frustration I just placed in on the rear tire so I could sit down
and think about what I was trying to do, lo and behold there it was,  the
piece I wanted for the front was actually the tail section, took about 15
more minutes of work to make it fit there just perfectly!

At 10:47 AM 12/10/2003 -0500, you wrote:
> > for current pics on the BSA.... go to http://tinyurl.com/yl3c
>
>John.. looks like excellent craftsmanship. Gorgeous aluminum work, very
>impressive! Rear tail section looks(i know pics lie sometimes) like it may be
>close to the vertical rear tire rule? Looking forward to seeing the finished
>project.
>Todd-

           John Robinson, Mechanician
   Mechanical Engineering University of Wisconsin
                 1513 University Ave.
                  Madison, Wi. 53706
                     608-262-3606
            Current World Land Speed Record Holder
                  Bonneville Salt Flats
           H/GCC 92 cu.in. 1980 Dodge Colt
                  144.396 MPH set 2000
       MPS-PG 441 c.c. 1967 BSA Victor Motorcycle
                     95.193 MPH set 2001
                 Antarctic Ice Driller Oct02-Jan03