Re: Anyone remember the "Twin Tank"?

To: paul.blandavon@btinternet.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Anyone remember the "Twin Tank"?
From: Want1937hd@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 05:35:53 EST
In a message dated 12/11/03 4:49:18 AM Eastern Standard Time,
paul.blandavon@btinternet.com writes:

> List, not wishing to date anyone, but can anyone tell me anything about
> Howard
> Johansons "Twin Tank" lakester, I've got a picture of it in a "Hot Rod"
> magazine (1955) but there's no details, any information on what looks to be
> fairly unique vehicle would be welcome.
> Paul in the UK, and yes it's raining again!

Hi Paul, This car was on the cover and featured with a Rex Burnettt cutaway
drawing in the December 1949 issue of Hot Rod. A full year before I was born.
The late Mark Dees owned it at one time, I'm sure it is in someones collection
today. I'll try to scan the article and send it to you. Years ago I got a
stack of  pre 1952  Hot Rod Magazines and two years worth of SCTA newsletters
from
a very unlikely source, a local owner of a 1926 Rolls-Royce. It is raining
here too! Merry Christmas! Bob in connecticut