Re: Frictional losses

To: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Frictional losses
From: "todd" <todd@twinjugs.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 11:25:08 -0500
Keith, I don't know a thing about rear ends on cars, and this might not be of
any value. But for what it's worth, I spent many hours lapping gears together
on my race motor(s)... the cam chest has 7 gears and transmission has 8
gears, and I also highly polish the oil pump gears getting the frictional
loss to a minimum. Also critical is the line boring/honing and fitment of any
bearings to start. When free spinning the bottom end once complete... it's
very difficult to tell the difference of the cams and oil pump being
installed.
Todd-