Re: The Wright Flyer (Non LSR)

To: john.szalay@att.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The Wright Flyer (Non LSR)
From: Want1937hd@aol.com
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 21:51:47 EST
In a message dated 12/19/03 2:05:04 PM Eastern Standard Time,
john.szalay@att.net writes:

> We try to visit every couple of years to see the changes in displays
> and visit the museum restoration work area..

We were at the Air Force Museum in Dayton for the first time this year, FAR
better than Air & Space in Washington, D.C in my opinion. Got to see my fourth
airworthy B-17 like the ones Dad spent 3 years arming in England. If I could
have my pick of the collection based on looks, I'd take the WWI SPAD with the
Hisso engine. I never knew the top wing was so low, looked like a chopped hot
rod. Bob in connecticut