RE: Fairly fast on a sunny day

To: "John Goodman" <ggl205@yahoo.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Fairly fast on a sunny day
From: "Dave Dahlgren" <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 05:57:50 -0500
I will have to say it has been a pleasure to race with John and it has
somewhat jaded my opinion as to what is possible. The lakester he sold was
quite a nice car for us to race. Other than a couple of license passes one
in '93 and one I think in '95 or '97 for Brown Warner that car has run over
the record on every pass that I can remember both at Bonneville and in
Australia. It is all about preparation. John and I would spend a week before
the race and go over every inch of what looked like a car ready to race and
check every system and subsystem to be sure it was ready to go and would not
fail. The only meet we had a very disappointing failure was in '98 on the
first pass we ran out of engine at the 2. We just got too greedy with the
nitrous and asked too much of the engine. Detonated so bad the deck surface
fell into the water jacket of the block. I guess I sharpened that one up a
little too much, I will take the blame for that one as well as some
interesting zero g acceleration rides through the last mile or so. Not to
worry though we will be back.

Dave