Misc.

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Misc.
From: "John Burk" <joyseydevil@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 00:49:15 -0500
Several things - (1) I've heard it said the salt at Lake Gaidrner contains no
potash so removing it from Bonneville's salt isn't necessarily critical - (2)
Has anybody seen the salt "flats" over the mountain from "our" salt flats -
The USGS map describes it as being similar to the one we know - (3) Got a
message from an old dragracer friend - The engineering company he owns
designed the air bag(s?) that cushioned the landing of the Mars lander - It
was inflated by a small rocket motor - 5% error either way in  the inflation
rate would mean a destructive touch down - All his engineers were doing high
fives .