Motorcycles racecd for money on the salt?

To: "LSR List" <land-speed@autox.team.net>, ECTALSR@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Motorcycles racecd for money on the salt?
From: "todd" <todd@twinjugs.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 18:20:33 -0500
BUB Enterprises(Dennis Manning) has appearantly signed a deal with BLM to
have the salt for five events in the next five years for AMA and FIM record
attempts for motorcycles only. That's not what suprised me.....read on:
There's supposed to be $35,000 in prize money from the event and more money
offered by business sponsors like Gerald Rinehart. That didn't totally blow
me away.....keep reading:
ANY spectator is supposedly going to be able to make one pass with an
approved helmet, leather jacket, boots and gloves. This will cost them a
grand total of $50 which will net them the single pass down the salt, a t-
shirt and a timing slip.
I've tried unsuccesfully looking it up at
http://www.bubbonnevillebash.com/
Anyone heard of this? Wow, is about all I can say.
Todd-