1/4-24 thread inserts - Non LSR

To: "LSR List" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1/4-24 thread inserts - Non LSR
From: "todd" <todd@twinjugs.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 12:05:45 -0500
Does anyone know where to find 1/4-24 thread inserts(besides heli-coils)?
I've grown very fond of Time-serts but my Wurth man tells me they are not
available in this thread. The older Harley' use this thread(as did some of
the 50's/e60's cars I believe?). There are a couple areas I've always welded
up and rethreadedd to this pitch but I seem to be getting alot of case
repairs in lately and as these threads get older and the guys wrenching on
them become less caring I find myself constantly repairing them. Some decent
inserts would sure help my time and their money, I've made a few but for the
amount I see going thru in the near future I would really like to find off
the shelf ones.
Thanks in advioncee for any suggestions,
Todd-