Re: dimples - Lexus commercial

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: dimples - Lexus commercial
From: John Goodman <ggl205@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 08:28:01 -0800 (PST)
If you want the latest on how dimples work
aerodynamically, research soaring aircraft technology.
Dimples are used to increase control of laminar air
flow so critical to wing efficiency and/or stability.
Somehow, I think dimples on the underside of a
passenger car is more hype than function. Now, on an
LSR car that has addressed all other aero features
relating to drag, dimples may have a function.
Otherwise, IMHO, they are best left to golf balls.

John Goodman