Re: List ?

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: List ?
From: John Szalay <john.szalay@att.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 16:25:41 -0500
At 04:07 PM 1/25/04 -0700, you wrote:
Haven't heard anything on the list for about 2 weeks.... Did I
get kicked off the island or is everybody being REAL quiet???
Ed

  One possiblity:

  Has your ISP installed OR updated their SPAM prevention software lately?

In the past that has been the cause of many mailing lists loss of messages.

EXAMPLES:
  AOL has some very broad guidelines of what makes a message  OR
mailing list fall into the SPAM category.  and the GMC motorhome mailing list
got caught in their "Filter" and blocked all messages to AOL users from that
list.
 AOL ALSO blocked the Email from a major University to new students  that
had been accepted to the school.  since there was a large packet of
email from the University's computers, the AOL SPAMbots decided that it
was SPAM and put the schools servers on the blocked list and it took
a news story on the subject to get AOL to admit they were wrong and remove
the school from the blocked Email category.

 Since there has been a major increase in SPAM in the past few months,
a lot of ISPs are upgrading the SPAM blocking.

 keep track of the number of messages from the LSR list and give us a count
for a couple of days, we can compare totals from various members and see
if SPAM blocking is the case..

 FWIW:   I have used this same email address for about 6 years, so the address
grabbers have it again & again,  and receive SPAM/real email  on a ratio
daily of  about 50 to 5. ( IF I turn my two levels of filters off..)
still get some getting thru the filters but the ratio is
more like 5 to 1 now...

                                  John