Re: Tools....

To: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>, "LSR List" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tools....
From: "todd" <todd@twinjugs.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 16:02:11 -0500
That list could get very long. I have digital mics down to .00005"(that's
half of one ten thansoundth of an inch keith) and dialbore guages, mics and
such to .0001"... but I gotta agree with ya on the vernier be it dial or
digital. The dial I use reguraly for quick measurements and the cheap digital
verniers(like $30) I have a couple of laying around like calculators and use
as a converter for mm to inches and vice-versa. I don't "need them", but on
the other hand, I couldn't live without them.
Another one would be the welding oven, like the digital vernier it's used
less for it's intended purpose(welding) then anything else. From shrink
fitting guides, bearings and bushings to baking heat paint on heads
cylinders, brackets and frame parts(and alot of other stuff) I don't think I
need it, but wouldn't want to be without it.
Better stop there.
Todd-