Re: plug & play

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: plug & play
From: docb8532@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 09:15:29 EST
In a message dated 1/28/04 12:54:53 AM Eastern Standard Time,
jonamo@landracing.com writes:
Well starting in 2005 all scan tools will be outdated because of new
function of CAN function. It is new information made to the aftermarket

Thanks Jonathan
On a business level I was aware of that change, and have planned strategies
to deal with
it in the upcoming years..... I appreciate your input.
My immediate LSR need is to access the "learn new idle position" in the
Corvette that I race at Maxton. I've changed the throttle body and the EBTCM
needs
to learn the new TPS position. (not to be confused with the ECM function of
learning the idle speed) You're right I need a bi-directional scan tool to do
this. The Tech-1and-2  will do this but my snap on dealer is somewhat tech
challenged and isn't sure weather the 2500 will or not.
I can buy a tech 1 for a few hundred bucks and put it with the LSR car for
present and future
needs, with limited use in the business.
orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......................
With the information you have given me I can probably buy a snap on 2500 for
about 10 times the money, fix my immediate LSR problem and use it in the
business as well. We'll be working on pre 2005 cars for quite a while yet.
Has anyone on the list got a used snap on 2500 scanner they'd like to part
Thanks again Jonathan
doc