Carl Heap

To: "list answer" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Carl Heap
From: pork.pie@t-online.de (Pork Pie)
Date: 28 Jan 2004 16:45 GMT
Hi Folks,

short note to Carl Heap.

I talked to him 3 weeks ago on the phone, also he send me a e-mail the other
days.

I'm in contact with Carl very often due to this, that I make the (most) picture
of the Phoenix, especially with the parachute out of the 5 mile marker.
also I was deep involed in Ugo Fadini's last project, the 1:43 scale model of
the Phoenix, which is now available - see to this Ugo's webpage
www.ugofadini.com - there you can see the newest picture of the model.
Ugo sent the first produced model directly to Carl so as I sent my Chrismas
picture set which I done for him and his team members. To be sure that Carl
knows that this parcels are on the way, I called him over his cell phone or
e-mailed him some notes. He was 10 inch over the ground when he hold his model
in his hand - his words - only beautiful.

Correct is that about six years ago the doctor found some prostata cancer by
Carl, they cut this out, but (may be) not good enough. Anyway, spring 2002 the
found again some cancer on other areas. Carl is now under special treatment
which he has to use three times the day and some special "eating". When I saw
him the last time in October 2003 in Grands Pass, he was in a very good mood,
so also the last time on the phone. The medical treatment is a real pain in the
a.., due to this that it produced a heavy reaction in the body, one of a so
problem caused Carl a broken wrist around new year, when he falls over. But as
he wrote - this is not really a problem - and it didn't destroyed his
optimistic mind. He will see that he can come back in August to go for the
300mph.

See ya

Pork Pie