Re: vintage B'ville photos wanted

To: Benn <karhu@california.com>
Subject: Re: vintage B'ville photos wanted
From: Tom Shannon <saltfevr@xmission.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 20:35:56 -0700
Quoting Benn <karhu@california.com>:

> Hi all,
> I am looking for a few vintage photos of Bonneville racing to include in
> a documentary currently being assembled.  I've already asked Jon Amo,
> and wanted to see if there are others out there that might have such
> photos available.    I am looking for photos in the time frame 1910s to
> 1930s, and may also want one or two of the jet/rocket cars run in the
> 60's (the Spirit of America would be a plus), as well as a few of Bert
> Munro's "Munro Special" streamlined bike (preferably one at speed and
> one of bare chassis).    The best photos would be ones you own, or the
> original photographer can be traced for authorization to use.
> Appropriate credit will be given in the video. Thanks very much.
> Benn Karne
> 510.430.1119 (Oakland CA)
> karhu@california.com
>
> Benn: I forgot to mention about the unbelievable 30 sec. radio broadcast
of KSL radio of Capt Eystons record run of 345.489mph on Aug 24,1938. The
reporter mentions "Mad streak of gray and the roar of the motor" Download
at the end of the short photo gallery. Turn up the speakers!What a gem!
http://www.lib.utah.edu/spc/photo/exhibits.html

Click on Bville salt flats 8-9 items down,then scroll after pics ,to radio
broadcast.

Tom Shannon
Magna, Utah