Laminar flow equation

To: <land-speed-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Laminar flow equation
From: "J I Waldron" <jwaldron47@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 15:11:39 -0500
Hi,

I'm looking for some help with aerodynamic flow over a 3 dimensional surface
(like
a car body).  I understand that there are a class of bodies that are optimized
for
laminar air flow and that there is an equation that can be used to dictate how
fast
the surface can grow (how pointy, or not, something can be).  Something to do
with
maintaining a constant pressure gradient between some min and max (?)  My
objective
is to retain laminar airflow as long as possible.

Anybody know this equation, or someone I could talk to?

Thanks,
Jim W.