Re: trailer information

To: LGMCAFEE@aol.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: trailer information
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 11:12:47 -0800 (PST)
Hi Larry,

Long time.....
I did a bunch of research on this a few years ago when I bought my enclosed
Haulmark trailer.   If you're towing with an open bed pickup, the V might be a
little advantageous as you have air flow interruptions both at the top and
along the sides. If you have a camper shell, or are using a Suburban-type
vehicle, then there's not that big of a gap between to sides of the tow vehicle
and the sides of the trailer, and your big air flow  "bump" will occur between
the trailing edge of the top of the truck and the front leading edge at the top
of the trailer.  If you add one of those aero-dams (a good shaped one) on top
of the truck, then it would alleviate a lot of that problem. It would increase
your mileage as well as make handling better.

And by all means - - use load levelers and the best dual anti-sway system you
can find.

If you're using a fifth wheel, then everything I said goes out the window, but
you would still do good to put an aero-dam on top of the tow truck.

Dick J
In East Texas

LGMCAFEE@aol.com wrote:
We are going to buy an enclosed 20 ft trailer and was trying to decide on the
front end shape. Is there any advantage to going to the V type front over
just the square?
Thanks Larry Mac