RE: Ardun Water Jacket Pressure?

To: <ardunbill@webtv.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Ardun Water Jacket Pressure?
From: "Dave Dahlgren" <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 07:27:19 -0500
Limited to the accuracy of your test..
approximately 0.332 lbs or 9" of head pressure assuming it really was 2 10
quart buckets and it really was 10 seconds. Your measured 18" of head would
indicate something more like 0.6645 psi. This means the pump rating is
incorrect or your measurements in time and volume were incorrect. At this
head pressure it should have flowed 3.5 gallons in 10 seconds.

 That number by the way is very low and good cooling is probably not what
you are going to find. In retrospect the low HP of the Ardun compared to
it's size and mass along with the short duration of the run at Maxton,it
probably makes no difference.. A pressure gauge is the final answer as it
will eliminate all the time and volume measurements.
Dave