Re: More Stepped Headers

To: albaugh_neil@ti.com, basavage@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: More Stepped Headers
From: Flowbench@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 00:21:54 EST
In a message dated 3/9/04 11:47:29 AM Pacific Standard Time,
albaugh_neil@ti.com writes:

<< It seems to me that a series of dynamometer tests could settle this
 >"stepped header" question once and for all. >>
It has been done by myself and many others, you may note the more you look
the more you see out there on the tracks. Step headers seem to be better for
transient rpm, as opposed to steady state rpm's. I have seen more torque
average
increase with exhaust system testing than any other single item. (as long as
the powerplant is close to optimized)
Mike