DLRA results

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: DLRA results
From: "gary baker" <lsr350@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 09:44:32 +1100
G'day landspeed friends
here is a short report ,our biggest turnout yet but not as many as I
expected ,but more new cars and bikes ran than ever before ,also our best
year for new 200 mph club inducties  3 bikes and 2 cars , salt condition
excellent as usual but a little bit wet due to rain before and during the
meet  with 2 days lost due to rain and high winds , no big speeds this year
as the contenders all had mechanical woes  top speed was 256 mph
On a more personal note I experienced  both elation and humility  ,elation
in that I achieved an Australian record and 200 mph membership (just) in my
class (202.065 average ) but I was also humbled (knowledge and expectations
)  it dont mean jack s**t what power you make if you cant get it to hook up
, though the nitrous was a hoot even if most of its benifit went into
spinning the back wheel to high velocities without the forward momentum
expected  also a stock Hayabusa motor CAN take a 100 shot of N2O and survive
  only melted 1 spark plug ( yes I know I have a lot to learn lol) the
record was set at a lowly 40 shot and even then wheel spin was a problem ,my
new motto  need more weight , anyway it was a great week and hawkwind racing
will be there next year to try again
cheers  Gary

We've 100s of NEW questions! Play Millionaire online to win $$$$. Click here
  http://sites.ninemsn.com.au/minisite/millionaire/default.asp