Re: Nitrous Archives

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Nitrous Archives
From: john@theromeros.org
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 21:13:44 -0800
I've already thrown a bunch of time ($$$) at the rods, pistons and studs. Even
with that, I'm only going to use the nitrous as a kicker. I'm not going to use
it till i'm well underway since traction will be a problem with the FWD. To be
honest, the H/FALT record is no higher than then H/GALT and both of them are
pretty attainable since they have been sitting at 133 mph for the last 20 years.
I'll have about 215 WHP without nitrous (9,800 rpm, weeeee!) and a small car
with a CdA of about 6.5. I can reasonably expect 280 whp with nitrous and that
should shoot me beyond 133, even after derating for the altitude. Or at least
thats what I keep telling my wife everytime I spend more of OUR (her emphasis)
money.

John Romero
Thousand Oaks, CA